How to send a Credit Request and top up a client's account
A credit request is an upfront request from a client for payment. Once the credit request is paid, the client's balance will go up. Then, as lessons are invoiced against their name, the client's balance will reduce accordingly. If you know when and how often the lessons are going to take place, go to the tutorial for a credit request created from a job.
Step by step process
- There are two ways to top up a client’s balance
- Either you can send them a credit request - an email with an attached proforma invoice - requesting them to top up their account
- or you can top up their account manually.
- To send someone a credit request, you can go to a client’s page then click 'Add Credit Requests'.
- Alternatively, you can also create a credit request from Accounting > Credit Requests.
- Fill in the description and amount fields.
- If 'Sent Immediately' is ticked, the client will then be emailed the Credit Request. If it isn’t, you will be able to review the PDF the client will receive before it's sent off.
- The client now gets the credit request emailed to them, in an email that is customisable in System > Settings > Email Definitions.
- You can then mark the credit request as paid when you receive payment, and the amount will be added to the client’s balance.
- If you want to top up a client’s balance manually, simply click the 'Adjust Balance' button on a client’s page.
When you approach the end of a given month, you will need to generate a proper invoice to send to the client, both for you to reconcile your books and for the clients to receive a breakdown of the lessons received and lesson reports.