How to add an Extra Attribute
Extra attributes are custom fields that you can add to users, jobs, lessons, and reports. They allow your users to input extra information that may be useful for your operations. You can also filter and search through your users and content by your extra attributes.
Step by step process
- To add an extra attribute, go to System > Settings > Extra Attributes > Add and edit extra attributes > Add Attribute Definition
- Choose a name and some help text if you want.
- The 'Apply To' field lets you select whether to apply it to one of the roles or to a job, lesson or lesson report.
- The type of the attribute depends on what kind of information you want to record or display.
- Choose who can access or change the information by using the access checkboxes. For instance, you may not want to show a tutor their rating.
- In this example, the extra attribute is now available when creating a report and can be viewed and edited by tutors.
By changing the type and who they apply to, you can use extra attributes in a variety of ways. For example:
- Whether a tutor can drive
- A tutor's rating (which is set by their clients) in stars
- More options on a lesson report, such as the student’s concentration out of 10
- How a client found out about your company (as a dropdown)
You can choose to make a field required by the user filling in the profile by ticking the 'Required' box. To make the information available in the lists or on the front page of the user, job or lesson, tick the ‘Available in Lists’ box. You can even make it available in filters by ticking the ‘Available in Filters’ box. This means you can now search, for example, for all tutors who can drive.