How to create a credit request from a Job
An itemised credit request is an upfront request from a client for payment linked to a specific job with a specific amount of lessons. So if you know when and how often the lessons on a job are going to take place, this is the most efficient way to charge a client.
Step by step process
- To create an itemised credit request, go to a job that already has lessons scheduled in the future or create new lessons in the future.
- Once they exist, the button 'Create a Credit Request' will become available.
- Alternatively, an itemised credit request can also be created in Accounting > Credit Requests > Create from Services.
- Selecting a client displays all the jobs associated with them that have lessons scheduled in the future. Clicking ‘Save’ will take you to the page of the credit request where you can add and remove items and jobs. Send the credit request to your client.
- As default, all planned lessons in the future will be included. If a lesson already has a Credit Request associated with it, it will not be included.
When you approach the end of a given month, you will need to generate a proper invoice to send to the client, both for you to reconcile your books and for the clients to receive a breakdown of the lessons received and lesson reports.
If you don’t know when the lessons are going to take place, and just want the client to prepay an amount to be allocated to lessons later, you will need to create a regular credit request.