How to make a job available for application and send notifications
A job is a link between a tutor and a student, or multiple students. If it is a class or group lesson you can even assign multiple tutors to a single job. Lessons are created and logged within a job and charges and payments are created for each lesson that is logged.
Step by step process
- This tutorial covers creating a new job as available for application by tutors. If you know who is going to be the tutor for a client already, then please see the other video mentioned below.
- To add a job, go to Activity > Jobs
- Then click 'Create New Job'.
- Fill in the job name, description, the charge rate and tutor rate, and click ‘Save’.
- You can add students by clicking the 'Add Students' button.
- At this point you can add the required skills needed for the job by clicking the 'Add Skill Set' button.
- You can choose whether it is a required skill, or merely a preferred one.
- You can choose a specific subject, qualification level or simply a subject category, depending on your needs.
- If you want to add more skills, then you can do so.
- You can select the default location of the job.
- You can send job notifications to your tutors to encourage them to apply. You can customise the notifications to only be sent to tutors with the relevant skills.
- If you have set a location on your job, you can even send a notification to all the tutors within a certain radius. To find out more about locations, visit the link in the description.
- In the job’s activity, you can view who you have already sent notifications to, and when.
- If a tutor applies for a job, you can view their application in the Job Applications panel, and choose to accept or reject it.
- When a tutor’s application is accepted, they receive an email informing them about it, and they are added as a tutor to the job.