How to generate Invoices
Invoices collect the charges that have been placed on your clients from lessons and ad hoc charges. When you generate invoices, you can review each one before sending them to your clients.
Step by step process
- Once you have completed lessons (lessons marked as ‘Complete’), you are ready for invoicing your clients. Invoicing is a 3 step process, and no invoices will be sent to clients until the final stage.
- Go to Accounting > Draft Invoices > Generate
- Enter your cutoff start and end date to generate invoices for all completed lessons between and including those dates that haven’t already been invoiced. When you're done, generate them.
- Once this process has finished, you can see all the invoices generated under ‘Draft invoices’. You can view individual invoices by clicking on the invoice recipient to see a breakdown of the invoice, and view a PDF preview.
- You can also see the lesson reports that will be sent to the client along with the invoice in the PDF preview.
- If the invoice is ready to send, stage invoices by clicking the 'stage' button on the invoice breakdown, by clicking on the small arrow on the list, or by using the checkboxes.
- The final step is to send the invoices to the clients, by clicking the ‘Send Confirmed Invoices’ button.
- The client now receives an email telling them how much they owe, as well as the invoice and lesson reports attached.
- Like all TutorCruncher emails, the email is customisable in 'Email Definitions'.