How to generate Payment Orders
Payment orders (PO's) are used in TutorCruncher to facilitate tutor payment. They provide the company and individual tutors with a breakdown of done work and earnings.
You have two options when generating payment orders, either you generate payment orders just for the invoices that have been paid already, or you can generate payment orders for all completed lessons. The difference is whether you only pay your tutors if you have been paid by the client or regardless of that factor.
Step by step process
- Generating payment orders is done similarly to generating invoices. Go to Accounting > Draft Payment Orders > Generate and enter your Cutoff Dates.
- If you want to generate payment orders for unpaid but completed lessons, you need to tick the box for ‘Generate Payment Orders including items not associated with a paid Invoice’.
- You can see a breakdown of the payment order charges and PDF previews by clicking on the recipient.
- If the payment order is ready to send, click the ‘Stage Payment Order’ button or confirm a payment order by clicking the arrow or using the checkboxes.
- The final step is to send the payment order to the tutors by clicking the ‘Send Confirmed Payment Orders' button.
- The tutor now receives an email telling them how much they will receive with the Payment Order attached.
- Like all TutorCruncher emails, this email is customisable in 'Email Definitions'.