How to use Subscriptions
Subscriptions can be used in TutorCruncher to charge a monthly fee to clients. They can be customised to be charged just on the client or per student, and the date they are charged each month can be set. They generate Ad Hoc Charges for all of the clients you select on the dates that you wish, so when you generate and send invoices the clients will be charged for their subscriptions as well as any other charges they have (lessons etc).
Step by step process
- Go to Activity > Subscriptions. Click ‘Create Subscription’.
- Fill in all of the required fields. Choose the name, rate and the day of the month you want your clients to be charged.
- The 'Charge Offset' is the number of days before the 'Day of Month' you wish the charges to be generated. For instance, if I pick 'Day of Month' as the 10th, and the charge offset is 4 days, Ad Hoc Charges will be generated on the 6th.
- You can choose whether the subscription applies to the client or to students. If you choose the client, the charge will be generated for the client, but if you choose the student, you have to select which student it applies to and the client can be charged for each student they have.
- For example, you may wish to charge the client £100 per month for their child taking 11+ lessons, and also want to charge £150 for another child taking GCSE lessons.
- You can also choose the Ad Hoc Charge category. Find more information below.
- When you have saved the subscription you can see its details, including the date that the Ad Hoc Charges will be generated.
- The next step is to add the clients to the subscription. Click the 'Add Client to Subscription' button.
- You can view the subscriptions for a client or student on their profile page.
- On the 'Charge Generate Date', ad hoc charges will be created for each client subscription you create. Multiple subscriptions can be added per client or student.