How to void an Invoice or Payment Order
Occasionally you need to change an invoice or payment order after it’s sent or paid because of mistakes made by the client, tutor or even admin.
Step by step process
- For example, with this invoice, one of the lessons has been logged for 1.5 hours when it is supposed to be one hour. This has led to the client being charged wrongly.
- To void an invoice, go to the invoice, click the ‘Issue Credit Note’ button, enter the necessary information and click 'Submit'.
- The lessons on this invoice are now editable again, so you can change them to what they should be.
- A new invoice now needs to be generated, so go to Accounting > Draft Invoices > Generate and regenerate the invoice you need using the appropriate cutoff dates.
- You can see that the new invoice has the correct lesson times on it, so it can be sent off.
- You can go through the same process with a payment order.
If an already paid invoice is voided, credit will be added to a client’s account without actually refunding this credit. If a refund is necessary, this needs to be done outside of the system and the client's balance needs to be adjusted manually to reflect that a refund has taken place.