What is Auto Charge?
Auto Charge allows you to automatically charge your clients for their invoices or credit requests as soon as you send them.
It can be enabled in System > Settings > Accouting Settings General.
The payment is delayed to allow your customers to review their invoices and give them time to dispute it if needed. After the delay TutorCruncher takes payment using a direct debit mandate or saved card details, depending on whether the client has either set up for their account.
If a client has card details saved to their account, then a deferred payment will be taken after the delay set in Branch Setup.
What is Auto charge and deferred payment delay?
This is the time between creating a Deferred Payment and when a client is actually charged.
Can I allow invoices to be automatically paid from a client's balance?
You can allow auto payment by navigating to System > Settings > Accounting Settings > General and selecting the 'Automatically mark Invoices paid' box. If an invoice is sent to a client, and that client has enough funds in their balance, the invoice will be automatically paid. Otherwise, the invoice may be only partially paid. The client will receive an email notification stating that their invoice has been automatically paid from their balance.
For example, if a client has £300 and you send an invoice for £300, that invoice will be sent to the client as already paid. If a client has £100 and you send an invoice for £300, then the client will be told that the invoice has had £100 paid off it already and that they still owe £200.
What is a Deferred Payment?
If a customer has saved their card details when paying an invoice or topping up their account using Stripe, then you can choose to pay an invoice or credit request using the option 'Take Deferred Payment.' When this is selected, the client will receive an email explaining that you will take payment after a delay, which defaults to 5 days. The deferred payment delay is customisable in System > Settings > Accounting Settings > General.
After the time period, payment is then taken against the card on the client's account.
Can I use Auto Charge for individual clients?
When you only want to Auto Charge individual clients you have to follow these steps:
- Make sure Auto Charge is turned off in System > Settings > Accounting Settings > General.
- Go to the profiles of the Clients that you want to Auto Charge.
- Click Edit > Accounting & Client Manager > Select "Override: Client will be Autocharged" in the Auto Charge override dropdown menu.
- These Clients will now be Auto Charged, and your other Clients won't be Auto Charged.
Can I disable Auto Charge for individual clients?
When you want to disable Auto Charge for individual clients you have to follow these steps:
- Make sure Auto Charge is turned on in System > Settings > Accounting Settings > General.
- Go to the profiles of the Clients that you no longer want to Auto Charge.
- Click Edit > Accounting & Client Manager > Select "Override: Client will not be Autocharged" in the Auto Charge override dropdown menu.
- These Clients will no longer be Auto Charged, however, your other clients will.