What is a Student?
Students are your end-users. They can be their own client, having one login for both roles, or may well be the children of a client, or a pupil at a client institution. They could also be linked to more than one client account if needed. This enables the system to separate the students from the billing process if desired. Students are assigned to jobs and lessons. From their login they can view their calendar of upcoming jobs and past jobs, as well as view previous lesson reports.
How do I create a Student?
Manually adding students is very easy from inside TutorCruncher.
- Navigate to the People > Students tab
- Click on the 'Create New Student' button
- Fill in the student's details
- Click 'Submit'
Alternatively, you can import many students at once using the import function.
Students are your end-users. They can be their own client, having one login for both roles, or may well be the children of a client, or a pupil at a client institution.
Step by step process
- You can add a student in 3 different ways.
- The first is by going to People > Students
- Then click 'Create New Student'.
- Fill in the required fields, including the paying client and click submit
- If the paying client is not currently in the system, you can select the option 'Create New Client' in the dropdown.
- You can also add a student from a client’s page.
- Click the 'Add student' link on their page.
- Fill in the form. As you can see, the form will have many fields pre-filled with data from the client’s profile.
- If you have a situation where the client and student are in fact the same person, you can click the ‘Add as Student’ button on the client’s page.
- This is useful when the bill payer is also the person getting taught, for example, university students.
How do I edit a Student's details?
Want to make a few adjustments to a students profile? No problem, you can edit the basic details of a student by going on to their profile and clicking the 'Actions' tab just beneath their profile picture. Here, you can make changes to their contact details as well as their address.
Can I add my Student’s academic year to their profile?
You can indeed! To add a student's academic year, click the 'Actions' button just beneath their profile picture, and choose to 'Edit Profile'. There is a panel just in the 'Address & Contact Details' section, and it's here that you can then set the academic year.
The year will automatically move forward based on where your company account is based:
- UK - 1st September
- US - 1st August
- Australia - 30th December
Can I add a default charge rate to a Student?
Yes, a default charge rate allows you to create a personalised charge rate for a student. This means whenever they are added to a job, this custom charge rate will be used instead of the default job charge rate.
If you enable 'Default Student Rates' in System > Settings > Accounting > General, and select the corresponding checkbox. Following this, you can go to a student's profile, click 'Edit' and under Accounting enter their custom charge rate.